Sunday 17 September 2017

숙어 모음



숙어모음



A. B 

(sby: somebody)  (sthg: something) 

ask sby out (데이트를 신청하다): Brian asked Judy out to dinner and a movie.

ask around (묻고 다니다): I asked around but nobody has seen my wallet.

add up to (합계가 얼마이다): Your purchases add up to $205.32.

back sthg up (후진하다): You'll have to back up your car so that I can get out.

back sby up (지지하다): My wife backed me up over my decision to quit my job.

blow up (폭발하다): The racing car blew up after it crashed into the fence.

blow sthg up (바람을 불어넣다): We have to blow 50 balloons up for the party.

break down (망가지다, 고장나다): Our car broke down at the side of the highway in the snowstorm.

break down (절망하다): The woman broke down when the police told her that her son had died.

break sthg down (쪼게다, 세분하다): Our teacher broke the final project down into three separate parts.

break in (침입하다) Somebody broke in last night and stole our stereo.

break into sthg (부수고 들어가다) The firemen had to break into the room to rescue the children.

break sthg in (길들이다) I need to break these shoes in before we run next week.

break in (끼워넣다) The TV station broke in to report the news of the president's death.

break up (헤어지다) My boyfriend and I broke up before I moved to America.

break up (웃음을 터트리다) The kids just broke up as soon as the clown started talking.

break out (탈출하다) The prisoners broke out of jail when the guards weren't looking.

break out in sthg (피부에 무언가 나다) I broke out in a rash after our camping trip.

bring sby down (낙담시키다) This sad music is bringing me down.

bring sby up (키우다) My grandparents brought me up after my parents died.

bring sthg up (얘기를 꺼내다) My mother walks out of the room when my father brings up sports.

bring sthg up (토하다) He drank so much that he brought his dinner up in the toilet.




call around (여기저기 전화를 하다) We called around but we weren't able to find the car part we needed.

call sby back (응답 전화를 하다) I called the company back but the offices were closed for the weekend.

call sthg off (취소하다) Jason called the wedding off because he wasn't in love with his fiancé.

call on sby (의견을 묻다) The professor called on me for question 1.

call on sby (방문하다) We called on you last night but you weren't home.

call sby up (전화하다) Give me your phone number and I will call you up when we are in town.

calm down (화를 진정하다) You are still mad. You need to calm down before you drive the car.

care for sby/ sthg (보살피다, 돌보다, 좋아하다): Will you care for my cat while I am away? 

not care for sby/ sthg (개의치 않다) I don't care for his behaviour.

catch up (따라잡다) You'll have to run faster than that if you want to catch up with Marty.

check in (공항, 호텔 등에서  수속을 밟다) We will get the hotel keys when we check in.

check out (호텔에서 떠났다) You have to check out of the hotel before 11:00 AM.

check sby/ sthg out (조사하다) The company checks out all new employees.

check out sby/ sthg (조사하다) Check out the crazy hair on that guy!

cheer up (기운을 내다) She cheered up when she heard the good news.

cheer sby up (누군가를 즐겁게 하다) I brought you some flowers to cheer you up.

chip in (돈을 한푼 두푼내다) If everyone chips in we can get the kitchen painted by noon.

clean sthg up (깨끗이 하다) Please clean up your bedroom before you go outside.

come across sthg (우연히 발견하다) I came across these old photos when I was tidying the closet.

come apart (분리되다) The top and bottom come apart if you pull hard enough.

come down with sthg (앓아눕다) My nephew came down with chicken pox this weekend.

come forward (자진해서 나서다) The woman came forward with her husband's finger prints.

come from some place (어디 어디서 왔다) The art of origami comes from Asia.

count on sby/ sthg (의지하다) I am counting on you to make dinner while I am out.

cross sthg out (줄을 그어 지우다) Please cross out your old address and write your new one.

cut back on sthg (줄이다) My doctor wants me to cut back on sweets and fatty foods.

cut sthg down (땅에 떨어트리다) We had to cut the old tree in our yard down after the storm.

cut in (끼어들다) Your father cut in while I was dancing with your uncle.

cut in (다른 차앞에 끼어들다) The bus driver got angry when that car cut in.

cut in (엔진이나 전자체품이 가동되다) The air conditioner cuts in when the temperature gets to 22°C.

cut sthg off (잘라내다. 제거하다) The doctors cut off his leg because it was severely injured.

cut sthg off (서비스를 중단하다) The phone company cut off our phone because we didn't pay the bill.

cut sby off (단절하다) My grandparents cut my father off when he remarried.

cut sthg out (잘라내다) I cut this ad out of the newspaper.


D. E. F


do sby/ sthg over (공격하다): He's lucky to be alive. His shop was done over by a street gang.

do sthg over (다시하다): My teacher wants me to do my essay over because she doesn't like my topic.

do away with sthg (버리다): It's time to do away with all of these old tax records.

do sthg up (조이다, 닫다): Do your coat up before you go outside. It's snowing!

dress up (정장을 입다): It's a fancy restaurant so we have to dress up.

drop back (후진하다, 물러나다): Andrea dropped back to third place when she fell off her bike.

drop in/ by/ over (예고없이 들르다): I might drop in/by/over for tea sometime this week.

drop sby/ sthg off (내려주다, 내려놓다): I have to drop my sister off at work before I come over.

drop out (학교를 중퇴하다): I dropped out of Science because it was too difficult.

eat out (외식하다): I don't feel like cooking tonight. Let's eat out.

end up (결국 어떻게 됐다. 결국 어떻게  하기로 했다): We ended up renting a movie instead of going to the theatre.

fall apart (조각조각 되다): My new dress fell apart in the washing machine.

fall down (땅에 떨어지다): The picture that you hung up last night fell down this morning.

fall outs (속에서 빠져 나오다): The money must have fallen out of my pocket.

fall out (빠지다): His hair started to fall out when he was only 35.

figure sthg (이해하다): I need to figure out how to fit the piano and the bookshelf in this room.

fill sthg in(기재하다): Please fill in the form with your name, address, and phone number.

fill sthg out (기재하다):The form must be filled out in capital letters.

fill sthg up (채우다): I always fill the water jug up when it is empty.

find out (찾아내다): We don't know where he lives. How can we find out?

find sthg out (알아내다): We tried to keep the time of the party a secret, but Samantha found it out.


G


get sthg across/ ove (통하다, 이해하다): I tried to get my point across/over to the judge but she wouldn't listen.

get along/on (잘 지내다): I was surprised how well my new girlfriend and my sister got along/on.

get around (돌아다니다): My grandfather can get around fine in his new wheelchair.

get away (휴가 가다): We worked so hard this year that we had to get away for a week.

get away with sthg (걸리지 않다, 처벌받지 않다): Jason always gets away with cheating in his maths tests.

get back (돌아가다): We got back from our vacation last week.

get sthg back (돌려받다): Liz finally got her Science notes back from my room-mate.

get back at sby (복수하다): My sister got back at me for stealing her shoes. She stole my favourite hat.

get back into sthg (다시 관심 갖게 되다): I finally got back into my novel and finished it.

get on sthg (올라타다):We're going to freeze out here if you don't let us get on the bus.

get over sthg (극복하다):I just got over the flu and now my sister has it.

get over sthg (극하다):The company will have to close if it can't get over the new regulations.

get round to sthg (~~할 시간을 갖게되다)I don't know when I am going to get round to writing the thank you cards.

get together meet (회합을 갖다):Let's get together for a BBQ this weekend.

get up (잠에서 일어나다):I got up early today to study for my exam.

get up (일어서다)You should get up and give the elderly man your seat.

give sby away (정보를 제공하다)His wife gave him away to the police.

give sby away (누군가를 넘겨주다): My father gave me away at my wedding.

give sthg away (폭로하다): My little sister gave the surprise party away by accident.

give sthg away (공짜로 주다): The library was giving away old books on Friday.

give sthg back (돌려주다): I have to give these skates back to Franz before his hockey game.

give in (단념하다): My boyfriend didn't want to go to the ballet, but he finally gave in.

give sthg out (공짜로 나누어 주다)They were giving out free perfume samples at the department store.

give sthg up (끊다): I am giving up smoking as of January 1st.

give up (포기하다): My maths homework was too difficult so I gave up.

go after sby (쫒아가다): My brother tried to go after the thief in his car.

go after sthg (쫒다): I went after my dream and now I am a published writer.

go against sby (경쟁하다): We are going against the best soccer team in the city tonight.

go ahead (계속하다): Please go ahead and eat before the food gets cold.

go back (되돌아 가다): I have to go back home and get my lunch.

go out (외출하다): We're going out for dinner tonight.

go out with sby (데이트하다): Jesse has been going out with Luke since they met last winter.

go over sthg (다시 살펴보다): Please go over your answers before you submit your test.

go over (들러보다): I haven't seen Tina for a long time. I think I'll go over for an hour or two.

go without sthg (~~없이 지내다): When I was young, we went without winter boots.

grow apart (멀어지다): My best friend and I grew apart after she changed schools.

grow back (다시 자라다): My roses grew back this summer.

grow into sthg (자라서 크기에 맞게되다): This bike is too big for him now, but he should grow into it by next year.

grow out of sthg (너무 커지다): Elizabeth needs a new pair of shoes because she has grown out of her old ones.

grow up(성인이 되다): When Jack grows up he wants to be a fireman.


H. K


hand sthg down (물려주다) I handed my old comic books down to my little cousin.

hand sthg in (제출하다) I have to hand in my essay by Friday.

hand sthg out (~~을 돌리다)  We will hand out the invitations at the door.

hand sthg over (어쩔수 없이 제출하다)The police asked the man to hand over his wallet and his weapons.

hang in (버티다) Hang in there. I'm sure you'll find a job very soon.

hang on (기다리다) Hang on while I grab my coat and shoes!

hang out (느긋이 시간을 보내다) Instead of going to the party we are just going to hang out at my place.

hang up (전화를 끊다) He didn't say goodbye before he hung up.

hold sby/ sthg back (못하게 막다) I had to hold my dog back because there was a cat in the park.

hold sthg back (감정을 참다) Jamie held back his tears at his grandfather's funeral.

hold on (기다리다) Please hold on while I transfer you to the Sales Department.

hold onto sby/ sthg (손이나 팔로 꽉 잡다) Hold onto your hat because it's very windy outside.

hold sby/ sthg up (강도짓 하다) A man in a black mask held the bank up this morning.

keep in touch (연락하고 지내다): I still keep in touch with all my cousins, mostly by email.

keep on doing sthg (계속하다) Keep on stirring until the liquid comes to a boil.

keep sthg from sby (비밀을 유지하다) We kept our relationship from our parents for two years.

keep sby/ sthg out (못들어 오(가)게 하다) Try to keep the wet dog out of the living room.

keep sthg up (같은 속도로 계속하다) If you keep those results up you will get into a great college.


L. M


let sby down (실망시키다) I need you to be on time. Don't let me down this time.

let sby in (들여 보내다) Can you let the cat in before you go to school?

log in (or on) (로그인 하다) I can't log in to Facebook because I've forgotten my password.

log out (or off) (로그아웃하다) If you don't log off somebody could get into your account.

look after sby/ sthg (돌보다) I have to look after my sick grandmother.

look down on sby (무시하다) Ever since we stole that chocolate bar your dad has looked down on me.

look for sby/ sthg (찾다) I'm looking for a red dress for the wedding.

look forward to sthg (기대하다) I'm looking forward to the Christmas break.

look into sthg (조사하다) We are going to look into the price of snowboards today.

look out (조심하다) Look out! That car's going to hit you!

look out for sby/ sthg (경계하다) Don't forget to look out for snakes on the hiking trail.

look sthg over (검사하다) Can you look over my essay for spelling mistakes?

look sthg up (책이나 데이타 베이스에서 찾아보다) We can look her phone number up on the Internet.

look up to sby (존경하다) My little sister has always looked up to me.

make sthg up (발명하다. 지어내다) Josie made up a story about why we were late.

make up for (보상하다) We were angry last night, but we made up at breakfast.

make sby up (꾸며주다) My sisters made me up for my graduation party.

mix sthg up (헷갈리다) I mixed up the twins' names again!


P. R


pass away (죽다) His uncle passed away last night after a long illness.

pass out (기절하다) It was so hot in the church that an elderly lady passed out.

pass sthg out (나누어주다) The professor passed the textbooks out before class.

pass sthg up (거절하다) I passed up the job because I am afraid of change.

pay sby back(빌린 것을 갚다) Thanks for buying my ticket. I'll pay you back on Friday.

pay for sthg (응당한 댓가를 받다) That bully will pay for being mean to my little brother.

pick sthg out (고르다) I picked out three sweaters for you to try on.

point sby/ sthg out (손가락을로 가르키다) I'll point my boyfriend out when he runs by.

put sthg down (내려놓다) You can put the groceries down on the kitchen counter.

put sby down (모욕 주다) The students put the substitute teacher down because his pants were too short.

put sthg off (연기하다) We are putting off our trip until January because of the hurricane.

put sthg out (끄다) The neighbours put the fire out before the firemen arrived.

put sthg together (조립하다) I have to put the crib together before the baby arrives.

put up with sby/ sthg (참다) I don't think I can put up with three small children in the car.

put sthg on (입다, 차다, 걸치다) Don't forget to put on your new earrings for the party.

run into sby/ sthg (우연히 만나다) I ran into an old school-friend at the mall.

run over sby/ sthg (차동차로 치다) I accidentally ran over your bicycle in the driveway.

run over/ through sthg (점검하다) Let's run over/through these lines one more time before the show.

run away (도망하다) The child ran away from home and has been missing for three days.

run out (떨어지다) We ran out of shampoo so I had to wash my hair with soap.


s

send sthg back (우편이 돌아오(가)다l)My letter got sent back to me because I used the wrong stamp.

set sthg up (조직하다, 마련하다) Our boss set a meeting up with the president of the company.

set sby up (속이다) The police set up the car thief by using a hidden camera.

shop around (가격을 비교하며 돌아다니다) I want to shop around a little before I decide on these boots.

show off act (뽑내다) He always shows off on his skateboard.

sleep over (자고 가(오)다) You should sleep over tonight if the weather is too bad to drive home.

sort sthg out (분류하다) We need to sort the bills out before the first of the month.

stick to sthg (전념하다) You will lose weight if you stick to the diet.

switch sthg off (끄다) The light's too bright. Could you switch it off.

switch sthg on (켜다) We heard the news as soon as we switched on the car radio.


T. W


take after sby (닮다) I take after my mother. We are both impatient.

take sthg apart (분해하다) He took the car brakes apart and found the problem.

take sthg back (도로 갖다주다) I have to take our new TV back because it doesn't work.

take off (이륙하다) My plane takes off in five minutes.

take sthg off (벗다):  Take off your socks and shoes and come in the lake!

take sthg out (제거하다) Can you take the garbage out to the street for me?

take sby out (지불해 주다) My grandparents took us out for dinner and a movie.

tear sthg up (찢다, 조각내다) I tore up my ex-boyfriend's letters and gave them back to him.

think back (돌이켜 보다) When I think back on my youth, I wish I had studied harder.

think over (곰곰히 생각하다) I'll have to think this job offer over before I make my final decision.

throw away (버리다, 처분하다) We threw our old furniture away when we won the lottery.

turn sthg down (소리, 조명 등을 줄이다) Please turn the TV down while the guests are here.

turn sthg down (거절하다) I turned the job down because I don't want to move.

turn sthg off (끄다)  Your mother wants you to turn the TV off and come for dinner.

turn sthg on (켜다) It's too dark in here. Let's turn some lights on.

turn to sby/sthg (~에 의지하다): She has nobody she can turn to

turn sthg up (높이다) Can you turn the music up? This is my favourite song.

turn up ​(갑자기 나타나다) Our cat turned up after we put posters up all over the neighbourhood.

try sthg on (입어보다) I'm going to try these jeans on, but I don't think they will fit.

try sthg out (시험해 보다) I am going to try this new brand of detergent out.

use sthg up (다 쓰다) The kids used all of the toothpaste up so we need to buy some more.

wake up (잠에서 깨다) We have to wake up early for work on Monday.

warm sby/ sthg up (뎁히다) You can warm your feet up in front of the fireplace.

warm up (운동준비로 몸을 풀다) I always warm up by doing sit-ups before I go for a run.

wear off (낡다, 헐다, 떨어지다) Most of my make-up wore off before I got to the party.

work out (운동하다) I work out at the gym three times a week.

work out (잘 수행되다): Our plan worked out fine.

work sthg out (계산해 내다) We have to work out the total cost before we buy the house.









No comments:

Post a Comment

토론토 가볼만 한 곳 1 (Scarborough Bluffs)

  토론토에 오시면 꼭 들러봐야 할곳을 골라 봤습니다. 캐나다오시면 도움이 되기를 바랍니다. 첫편으로 토론토 동쪽에 있는 호숫가 공운 Bluffer's Park을 소개합니다.